Senseful ramblings of an incoherent nature from a delusional schizophrenic (or my views on current events)

Friday, May 19, 2006

At Least I Dont Have Wrinkles, Yet...

Ive been contemplating, for the past few days, what kind of prophetic, witty and clever aphorism I could spit out in recognition of today's grandeur, but alas, I have been drained of all of my creativeness, most likely because I am aging right before my very eyes! Stupid birthdays...

Ok, they really arent that bad. At least I get a cake and some legos to play with - ya really cant beat that. But the problem is that I am now 29, and that is far too close to 30 for my liking. Although it really isnt like I can do anything to change things. At least I dont have wrinkles, yet....

I remember a time when my birthday was a festive occasion. Ok, it partly still is, but it doesnt carry the weight that it used to. When I was little I could probably run around the block a few times with all the excitement I had built up inside of me as April rolled around. Now, the clock strikes midnight and I think, "boy, I dont feel any different, I guess I should go to bed." And I pretty much did.

So without further ado, I leave you with this bit of knowledge, and remember, help control the domestic pet population, get your pet's spayed or neutered:

Once, while sitting under a tree, in the twilight of a day, think to yourself, have I done anything to make this world a better place? Have I done enough for the people I care about? Can I control myself and my actions well enough to be considered a good person? When you feel qualified enough to answer these questions truthfully, burn down that tree, collect the ashes and scatter them where ever your travels may take you. No one deserves the protection of a tree that can produce such answers, however everyone needs a little piece of what that tree has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home